Friday, April 17, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am considering submissions for a special issue
of Fairy Tale Review right now. The Red Issue, the sixth issue of the journal, will include
work based on those tales that belong to the Little Red Riding Hood variant. (So I'm
considering only manuscripts that somehow relate to that tale type.) If you are familiar
with the journal, you will know that the term 'based on' is very open-ended. I'm
interested in manuscripts that work from LRRH elliptically or directly; formally or via
motif; and so on. More details can be found at http://fairytalereview.com/contact.html.
I'm likely to extend the reading period slightly. The Red Issue will be in print in Fall 2010
(so work must remain previously unpublished by that time, i.e. if it is to appear in a book
before then I can't consider it--I know, I have a very long production period, sorry). Past
contributors to Fairy Tale Review include Marina Warner, Kim Addonizio, Arielle
Greenberg, Donna Tartt, Stacey Richter, Lydia Millet, Sarah Hannah, Kellie Wells, and
many others. Work from the journal has been included in Best New American Writing,
Best American Fantasy, The Year's Best Science Fiction and Fantasy, and listed as notable
in Best American Short Stories.

Thanks for thinking of FTR as a possible home for your newest poetry or prose.

No comments: